Monthly conference calls feature educational presentations by faculty from different institutions, to guide implementation of value improvement projects. Recordings of the presentations are available for HVPAA members.
- January 16: National conference planning
- February 20: Guest Speaker, economist David Gaines
- March 20: Pediatric high value care topics
- April 17: TWDFNR: Treating Hypertensive Urgency, Tony Breu, Harvard
- May 15: “Individualized Care Plans: An Evolving Approach to High Hospital Utilizers” Amber Inofuentes, University of Virginia
- June 19: Evidence based guidelines for high value emergency medicine, Mustapha Saheed, Johns Hopkins and Shayam Odetti, Johnston Memorial
- July: Future Leaders initiation.
- August: Conference planning.
- September 18: Antibiotic stewardship at discharge, Valerie Vaughn, University of Michigan
- October 16: High-Value Care in Inpatient Gastroenterology, Gregg Brennan, University of California Irvine
- November: No webinar. National conference.
- December 18: No webinar. Happy Holidays!
- January 17: Guest Speaker- Chris Moriates, MD
- February 21: Innovative Educational Curricula- NYU, Hopkins & Crozer Chester
- March 21: Optimizing vascular access- NYU, UTSW, Michigan, UT San Antonio
- April 18: Operational meeting
- May 16: Reducing daily labs- Implementation Guide Team
- June 20: ERAS pathways, Michael Grant, MD, PhD
- July 18: Welcome Future Leaders Program
- August 15: Reducing sedatives in elderly patients, Christine Soong, U Toronto
- September 19: Holiday
- October 17 – Reducing unnecessary proton pump inhibitors- UTSW, NYU, Icahn
- November 21 – Sepsis – Utah and University of Washington
- December 19 – Pediatric high value care – Johns Hopkins
- May: Cardiac biomarker testing for suspected ACS Jeff Trost, MD
- June: Best Practice for Transfusions (trigger & number of units) Steven M Frank, M.D. & Transfusion Guide Team
- July: C Difficile Testing & Treatment Clare Rock, M.B.B.Ch and C Difficile Guide Team
- August: High value body CT for the ordering provider: patient and protocol selection Pamela Johnson, MD
- September: Achieving perfect practice for VTE thromboprophylaxis Brandyn Lau, MPH
- October: AHRQ Safety Program for Improving Antibiotic Use and topics in antibiotic stewardship: Pranita D Tamma, M.D.& Sarah Keller, M.D., MPH, M.S.P.H
- November: Preoperative testing Carol Peden, MB ChB, MD, MPH and the Preop Testing Team
- December: No webinar. Happy Holidays!
Discovering value based healthcare: interactive modules Interactive Learning Modules from Chris Moriates, Associate Dean for Healthcare Value, Dell Medical School
CanMEDS Resource Stewardship Curriculum Toolkit Series Toolkits designed to help teach residents the foundations of resource stewardship. These free toolkits include things like modifiable power point slide decks, annotated bibliographies, how-to guides, etc.
One Minute Guides (OMG), a series of educational summaries from Johns Hopkins Department of Medicine High Value Care Committee
The IHI National Forum is a leading international conference dedicated to improving health care quality and safety. Learn more on their website
As stated on their website, the American College of Medical Quality‘s mission is to provide leadership and education in healthcare quality management. Visit their website to learn about educational resources and programs for medical personnel interested in quality improvement.