- A commitment to high-value care education from the internal medicine community.
- Teaching high-value, cost-conscious care to residents: the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine–American College of Physicians Curriculum.
- Role Modeling and Regional Health Care Intensity: U.S. Medical Student Attitudes Toward and Experiences With Cost-Conscious Care.
- Training Physicians to Provide High-Value, Cost-Conscious Care: A Systematic Review.
- The VALUE Framework: Training Residents to Provide Value-Based Care for their Patients. Journal of General Internal Medicine.
- Creating an effective campaign for change: strategies for teaching value.
- Defining competencies for education in health care value: recommendations from the University of California, San Francisco Center for Healthcare Value Training Initiative.
- The value in the evidence: teaching residents to “choose wisely”.
- Wisdom of the crowd: bright ideas and innovations from the teaching value and choosing wisely challenge.
- Implementing a graduate medical education campaign to reduce or eliminate potentially wasteful tests or procedures.
Resident and Medical Student Education
2023 National Conference
What are academic medical centers across the country doing to improve healthcare value?
Value improvement guides: Published reviews in JAMA Internal Medicine coauthored by experienced faculty from multiple leading medical centers, with safety outcomes data and an implementation blue print.
Review article detailing 25 labs to refine for high value quality improvement | July 2020
MAVEN campaign: Free 4 year high value care curriculum online.
Join the Alliance! Membership is free with institutional approval and commitment to improving value in your medical center.
Learn more about HVPA on Health Affairs Blog