- Using Behavioral Economics to Design Physician Incentives That Deliver High-Value Care
- Professional organizations’ role in supporting physicians to improve value in health care.
- Provider cost transparency alone has no impact on inpatient imaging utilization.
- Better care is the best defense: high-value clinical practice vs defensive medicine
- Behavioral interventions to reduce inappropriate antibiotic prescribing: a randomized pilot trial
- Emergency Physician Knowledge, Attitudes and Behavior regarding ACEP’s Choosing Wisely Recommendations: A Survey Study
- The physician’s experience of changing clinical practice: a struggle to unlearn
- Can Appealing to Patient Altruism Reduce Overuse of Health Care Services? An Experimental Survey
Provider Behavioral Modification/Engagement
What are academic medical centers across the country doing to improve healthcare value?
Value improvement guides: Published reviews in JAMA Internal Medicine coauthored by experienced faculty from multiple leading medical centers, with safety outcomes data and an implementation blue print.
Review article detailing 25 labs to refine for high value quality improvement | July 2020
MAVEN campaign: Free 4 year high value care curriculum online.
Join the Alliance! Membership is free with institutional approval and commitment to improving value in your medical center.
Learn more about HVPA on Health Affairs Blog