SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT
The abstract submission site closed on April 1, 2018. More than 200 abstracts were submitted fro 58 academic medical centers.
The mission of the HVPAA annual conference is to broadly advance initiatives that have improved health care quality and safety while reducing costs of care for patients, investigate outcomes to ensure that practice refinement maintains or improves diagnostic or therapeutic efficacy, and determine the best methodologies to improve the value of care providers deliver.
Any medical provider may submit a value-based quality improvement, research or educational curriculum abstract to be considered for podium or poster presentation. Our 2017 meeting showcased innovative work from 50 academic institutions, and we hope for even broader participation from medical centers across the country in 2018.
Abstract submission categories:
- Improving appropriateness of diagnostic or screening services (consultations, labs, imaging exams, cardiac telemetry, EEG, echocardiography, etc)
- Improving appropriateness of treatment/interventional services (medications, transfusions, endoscopy, interventional radiology, surgery, etc)
- Clinical care pathways or reducing unwarranted practice variability
- Optimization of patient care setting
- Improving discharge transitions
- Preventative medicine
- Evidence-based screening
- Provider behavior modification (comparative effectiveness of interventions)
- Information technology innovations
- High value care educational curricula (medical school, GME, CE, CME)
Preference will be given to value improvement projects with results demonstrating improved patient care quality, confirmation of patient care safety, and reduction in costs of care to patients. We encourage submission of projects with medical student, resident or fellow co-authors. Initiatives that have been previously presented or published may be submitted to be considered for poster presentation only. Attendance at the conferences is not required for poster presentations. The abstract review committee consists of our faculty representatives.
- Best Residency Initiative
- Best Multi-specialty Initiative
- Best High Value Care GME or Medical School Curricula
- Highest scoring abstract(s) in each submission category
- Abstract submission site opens: January 1, 2018.
- Deadline for abstract submissions: April 1, 2018 at midnight PST
- Abstract notifications: June 15, 2018
- National conference: September 21-23, 2018
Follow this link for detailed information about abstract submissions.